Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: Psalm 146
1. Many people in the world, including some Christians, wrestle with such concepts & questions as: “I just don’t know whether there is a God!” “Who is God, anyway?” “I just don’t ‘get it’ about God, the Bible & Christianity!” “Why does God care about me?” “Why should I care about God?”
2. Most everyone has some concept of God – cf. Acts 17:16, 22-23.
3. The truth about God is not found in the mind & will of man (Jer. 10:23).
4. How would you introduce God to someone? (Who is God?) Why would God care about me? And, why should I care about God?
I. WHO IS GOD? – Heb. 11:6
A. Everything We May Understand about God is “By Faith” as a Result of the Evidence that is Set Before Us – Heb. 11:1-3, 6.
B. For Anyone to Come to God, He Must (Heb. 11:6):
1. Believe that “God is”- Is obtained by:
a. Rom. 1:20 – Evidence set before us that God exists (it is God’s witness of Himself):
1) The cosmos, universe (the things that are made): Evidence of order, design & an intelligent, creative Creator – Psa. 19:1; Acts 14:15-17.
2) Power & divinity (the invisible things of God):
i) Power that created the universe & now controls it – Gen. 1:1; Acts 17:24-25.
ii) Divinity – Supreme intelligence & will that directed & continues to direct the power – Acts 17:25-26; Heb. 11:3.
b. Clearly seen, being understood by created things! (1:20)
2. Believe that God rewards those who diligently seek Him:
a. Knowledge of how to seek God is obtained by revelation – Acts 17:27-28, 30 (Jer. 10:23).
b. How do you know God will reward faith except that He has told us that He will?! – Heb. 11:6
3. Who is God? Creative, all knowing & all-powerful Supreme Being who has communicated His will to us, His creatures. Do you believe it?
II. WHY WOULD GOD CARE ABOUT ME?
A. Because He Created You & Sustains You – Acts 17:26-28 (Gen. 1:26-28).
B. Because He Wants What is Best for You (He loves you).
1. Your physical life – Acts 14:17 (cf. Psa. 145:15-16; 136:25).
2. Your spiritual life – Gen. 2:17; 3:15; Jno. 3:16; Rom. 5:8; 1 Jno. 4:10.
III. WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT GOD?
A. Because He Rewards Faithful Living – Heb. 11:6.
B. Because He Justly Punishes All Sin.
1. cf. Noah & the flood.
2. Acts 17:30-31 – Repent because judgment is coming.
3. Fearful thing to fall into the hands of God – Heb. 10:31; 12:25, 29.
4. Goodness of God should cause you to repent - Rom. 2:2-6 (11:22).
The evidence for God’s presence, power & purposes is enough to persuade honest & open hearts that God is & that He rewards those who seek Him – Heb. 11:6.