Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 42:5-9
The Godhead Revealed
1. Knowledge of God essential for our faith & faithfulness, Gal. 4:8-9.
2. We can only know about God what He has revealed about Himself, Rom. 1:19.
a. We are finite beings, trying to grasp the infinite, Rom. 11:33.
b. Living by faith makes it possible, Eph. 3:17-19.
3. God Almighty has identified Himself as One God, Deut. 6:4.
4. God has revealed Himself as three persons that compose the one God (Godhead), Matt. 3:16-17.
5. Godhead: “the essential being or the nature of God” (Easton’s Dict.)
a. The Divine Nature” (NKJV), the Deity, Acts 17:29.
b. “the whole of that by which God is constituted” (ISBE), Rom. 1:20.
c. Emphatic declaration: Without exception, everything that defines the Godhead (totality of Godhood) dwells in Christ bodily, Col. 2:9
I. THE GODHEAD: Elohim (Gen. 1:1, 26), YAWH (Jehovah, Exo. 3:13-15).
A. The Father: God (Deity), Jno. 8:42 (Rom. 1:7).
1. Not seen by man in His full essence, Jno. 1:18.
2. The source of all authority, Jno. 17:1-2 (Matt. 28:18).
B. The Son: God (Deity), Jno. 8:58; Rom. 9:5.
1. The Word, Jno. 1:1, 14 (Matt. 1:21).
2. Has revealed the Father, Jno. 1:18; 14:9; Col. 1:15.
C. The Holy Spirit: God (Deity) Acts 5:3-4; 2 Pet. 1:21.
-Identified as Jehovah, Jer. 31:31—Heb. 10:15; Isa. 40:13-14—Rom. 11:33-35.
II. THE UNITY OF THE GODHEAD.
A. Total and Complete Unity, Jno. 10:30.
1. Unity of nature, mind, purpose, love, judgment, Jno. 5:19-23.
2. Godhead: All the divine features, Jno. 5:18; Heb. 9:14.
III. RELATIONAL DISTINCTIONS WITHIN THE GODHEAD.
A. A Willing Chain of Authority Exists to Accomplish Human Redemption, 1 Pet. 1:2.
1. Father—Son—Spirit, Jno. 14:28; 1 Cor. 11:3; Jno. 16:13-15.
2. Was not eternally so, cf. Jno. 1:1-3; 17:5; Phil. 2:6.
3. When redemption is complete in heaven, (God) Deity will reign forever, 1 Cor. 15:28 (Rev. 21:23; 22:5).
IV. WHAT THIS MEANS TO US.
A. We Must Put Our Faith in the True and Living God for the Salvation of Our Souls, Acts 14:15; Jno. 8:23-24; Heb. 11:6.
B. We must Love the Lord Completely, for He Alone is God, Matt. 22:37.
1. Bless and praise the Father for His wisdom, power, love and grace in Christ though faith, Eph. 1:3-4; 3:14-15; 1 Pet. 1:3-5.
2. Honor the Son by fully submitting to His authority, Matt. 28:18-19; Col. 3:17.
3. Respect the Holy Spirit by fully obeying the truth He has revealed and confirmed, and by which He sanctifies us, Heb. 12:25; 10:26-29(Jno. 17:17).
4. cf. Israel, Deut. 6:4-5.
a. “Israel” (prince with God; rule with God): Israel reigned with the one true God by obeying Him in faith (Deut. 10:12-22).
b. The church of Christ (the “Israel of God,” Gal. 6:16) reigns with God in Christ by obeying Him in faith, 1 Pet. 2:9-12.
C. We Put Our Trust in the Eternal God, Isa. 40:27-31; Jno. 14:1-6.
1. We serve a great God; there is no other!
2. To Him we must fully yield and give Him our complete loyalty, worship and obedience.
3. To Him and Him alone can we go for salvation from our sins.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: May 3, 2018