1. Psa. 97:10; 50:21 - Those who love the Lord hate evil, but evil men forget God & think He is like them WRONG!
2. God cannot do several things man often does.
3. Point: Trust in the Lord, not man! - Prov. 3:5-6
I. GOD CANNOT LIE - Num. 23:19.
A. His Word Is True - Psa. 19:9.
1. A word of justice & truth which accomplishes divine purposes - Isa. 55:8-11 (Heb. 4:12).
2. Sound & secure - Jer. 23:26-29; 1 Pet.1:22-23.
3. How will you respond to God's word?
a. Re. your salvation - Matt. 11:28; Mk. 16:16; 2 Cor. 6:2.
b. Re. holy living - Rom. 12:1-2.
B. His Promises Are Sure - Titus 1:2 (Num. 23:19); 1 Cor. 1:9.
1. God is clothed in integrity, virtue & honor - He is trustworthy!
2. The gospel tells us of our hope laid up in heaven - Col. 1:5; 1 Ths. 5:23-24.
a. God's honesty gives us strong consolation re. our hope (that which gives comfort or refreshment) - Heb. 6:17-19.
b. You can always trust what God's word says!
3. Are you trustworthy? (faithful brethren, Col. 1:2) Can you be relied upon? Is your word true, sure & just? - cf. Zech. 8:16-17
II. GOD CANNOT BE TEMPTED BY EVIL - Jas. 1:13.
A. God Is Holy - Exo. 15:11.
1. Completely set apart from evil - Hab. 1:13.
2. Deserves our worship - Psa. 99:9.
B. Since God Cannot Be Tempted By Evil, He Does Not Tempt Anyone - Jas. 1:13.
1. He provides us ways of escape - 1 Cor. 10:13.
2. God is not an evil Creator dooming all to hell - He eager to save us from hell! - 1 Tim. 2:3-4
3. How will you respond to temptation? - Jas. 1:12-16; 1 Pet. 5:8
III. GOD CANNOT HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH SIN & ERROR - 1 Jno.
1:5; 2 Jno. 9.
A. Because God Is Light (no darkness) - 1 Jno. 1:5.
-We must "walk in the light" (live by the apostolically declared message) to have fellowship with God - 1:5-7.
B. God Will Only Walk With Those Who Walk With Him - Amos 3:3; cf. Lev. 26:23-24.
1. To walk with God (Christ) we must walk in His truth - 1 Jno. 2:3-6.
2. Sin & error are transgressions (steps beyond) the doctrine of Christ -- By sin & error we forfeit fellowship with God! - 2 Jno. 9
3. Are you determined to abide in truth in all things? - Jno. 8:31-32
1. Although God is all-powerful, there are things God cannot do! (God cannot lie, be tempted with evil, have fellowship with sin & error.)
2. Mal. 3:6; Jas. 1:17 - God's character cannot change (true, holy, righteous).
3. God calls on us to honor the unchangeable God by shunning evil & obeying Him! - Psa. 50:21-23