Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:13-20
Jesus: The Fullness Dwells in Him
1. Speakers in our gospel meeting developed many aspects of the fullness in Christ: Teacher, Physician, Son, King, Shepherd, Defendant, High Priest, Judge, and Example.
2. All the fullness dwells in (permanently in) Jesus Christ, Col. 1:19.
a. Fullness (pleroma): Completion, filled up (as a container); then “abundance” (completeness).
b. When the “fullness of time” came, God sent His Son to redeem sinners and adopt us into His family, Gal. 4:4.
3. Christians receive the blessings of His fullness, John 1:16.
I. THE FULLNESS OF PREEMINENCE IS IN JESUS, Col. 1:14-23.
A. His Preeminence in All Things, Eph. 1:20-23.
1. Redemption (14), Deity (15), Over creation (15-17), Over the church and over death (18).
2. Approved by the Father for our reconciliation, sanctification, and hope in the gospel, 1:19-23.
II. THE FULLNESS OF HIS NATURE.
A. Full Deity, Col. 2:9; Heb. 1:3 (Immanuel, Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:23).
-Honor the Son as the Father, John 5:23 (Isa. 44:6; Rev. 22:13).
B. Full Humanity, Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 2:17; 4:14-16.
-Nature, intercessor, Rom. 8:34.
III. THE FULLNESS OF AUTHORITY IS IN JESUS, Matt. 28:18; Isa. 9:6-7.
A. Full Power to Command Righteousness, Heb. 1:8-9.
B. Full Judgment, John 5:21-22; 12:48-50.
IV. THE FULLNESS OF SALVATION IS IN JESUS (Savior, 1 John 4:14).
A. Fullness of Grace, John 1:14, 16-17 (Eph. 2:4-7).
B. Fullness of Sacrificial Devotion, John 10:17-18 (Isa. 53:7-8).
1. Lincoln in Gettysburg Address paid tribute to the soldiers who “gave the last full measure of devotion.”
2. Texas National Guard Specialist Bishop Evans drowned in Rio Grande (22Apr22) trying to rescue lives (drug runners).
3. Jesus, Rom. 5:6-8; 1 Pet. 2:21-24.
a. Full redemption and inheritance, Col. 1:14; Gal. 4:4-7.
b. Fullness of hope, Heb. 6:11.
V. THE FULLNESS OF SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS ARE IN JESUS, Eph. 1:3.
A. Because He is the Head of His Church, Eph. 1:22-23 (23).
1. The church belongs to Christ (not us), Matt. 16:18-19 (Acts 20:28).
2. We are filled up with every spiritual blessing only when we are members of His church, Acts 2:47; Eph. 1:22-23 (3); 4:13-16.
VI. THE FULLNESS OF TRUTH IS IN JESUS, John 1:14; 14:6.
A. Supreme Respect for and Submission to His Word, Col. 3:17; Gal. 1:6-9; 2 John 9.
B. Sufficiency is Contained in the Inspired Writings, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
1. Be filled with the knowledge of His will to walk worthy, please God, fruitful, growing, strengthened…thankful. (Col. 1:9-12)
2. Be filled with the Spirit (via word of Christ), Eph. 5:18; Col. 3:16.
1. Fullness dwells in Jesus. The fullness of God dwells in us when we dwell in Christ, Eph. 3:14-21 (19).
2. Full spiritual blessings and partakers of the divine nature, Eph. 1:3; 2 Pet. 1:3-4.
3. Abundant salvation is available (John 10:10). Come, drink, and live, Isa. 55:1-3; Rev. 22:16-17.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted April 27, 2022