Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 10:22-25
Now Abide Faith, Hope, Love
1. Part 1: The triumph of faith, hope, and love.
2. Part 2: The impact and influence of faith, hope, and love.
3. Part 3: The motivations, reverence, and rewards of faith, hope, love. Blessings of the gospel compel us to live in reverence for God to receive eternal blessings of Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:23).
4. The three-fold cord is strong:
a. Faith pleases God, Heb. 11:6.
b. Hope is secured by our faith, Heb. 11:1.
c. Love fills our heart and anchors us to God, Rom. 5:5.
I. THE MOTIVATION OF FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE, Heb. 10:22-25.
A. Faith (22): To Draw Near to God, Heb. 9:14; 12:24.
B. Hope (23): To Hold Fast Our Confession, Heb. 3:6; 4:14; 6:9-12.
C. Love (24): To Consider One Another (stir up, exhort, etc.), Heb. 3:12-13.
II. THE REVERENCE OF FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE, 1 Pet. 1:17-23.
A. Faith (17): To Live With a View Toward Judgment, 2 Cor. 5:7-10.
B. Hope (18-21): To Remember God is Our Reason for Hope, Psalm 39:7.
C. Love (22): To Fervently Love Each Other, 1 John 4:20-21.
III. THE REWARD OF FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE, 1 Pet. 1:3-9.
A. Faith (9): Its Goal is Our Salvation.
1. It guards us (5).
2. It is purified by trials (6-7).
3. It brings us praise, honor, and glory when Christ comes (7).
B. Hope (3): It is Living and Sustains Us.
1. As Jesus endured death and was raised, our hope of eternal inheritance at our resurrection causes steadfastness in trials (5-6) with joy (8), Rom. 12:12 (Titus 1:2).
C. Love (8): To Abide with God Forever, John 14:23.
1. 1 John 2:28-3:3: Faith to practice righteousness because of Godís love. Hope to see and be with God urges us to purify ourselves.
2. Now abide faith, hope, hope, 1 Cor. 13:13.
3. May they ever abide in us until faith becomes sight, hope is fulfilled, and our eternal home of love begins.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted December 21, 2021