Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Revelation 7:9-12
What's that Look on Your Face?
1. The expression on your face reveals what is in your heart, and sends that message to others:
a. Cain: Anger, Gen. 4:5-7.
b. Nehemiah: Sadness over Jerusalem, Neh. 2:2.
c. Belshazzar: Fear, Dan. 5:5-6, 9.
d. Merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, Prov. 15:13.
2. The faces of the recent Olympic athletes remind us of the struggle of our contest, the pain of training and the thrill of victoryís accomplishment. Faces also showed us the agony of loss, and of advantages lost, opportunities gone.
3. Let us learn some spiritual lessons from the faces of the Olympics.
I. THE FACES OF COMPETITION.
A. The Face of Painful Preparation, 1 Tim. 4:7-8; 1 Cor. 9:27.
1. Spiritual exercise and sacrifice is essential, Heb. 5:14.
2. Train ourselves with word of God to choose wisely and be fruitful, 1 Pet. 1:5-8.
B. The Face of Dedication and Determination, 1 Cor. 9:24-26.
1. Goal: Established long ago, Col. 3:1-3.
2. Endurance, Heb. 12:1-2.
3. Work now, Jno. 9:4.
C. The Face of Triumph.
1. Joy, Matt. 25:21; 1 Thess. 2:19-20.
2. Glory, 2 Thess. 1:10; Col. 3:4.
3. Thanksgiving for help, 1 Thess. 5:18.
4. Thrill of accomplishment, 2 Tim. 4:6-8.
D. The Face of Loss, 1 Cor. 9:27; 2 Tim. 2:5.
1. Disqualified, stunned disbelief, Matt. 25:41-45.
2. Loss, without a second chance, Matt. 25:10-13.
3. Despair, Matt. 7:23.
II. WHAT WILL YOUR FACE LOOK LIKE WHEN YOUR RACE IS RUN?
A. Will Your Face Reflect the Pain of Loss and the Eternal Punishment of Sin? Isa. 3:8-9
1. Fearful; yet no escape, cf. Rev. 6:15-17.
2. Godís vengeance is a fearful thing, 2 Thess. 1:8-9; Heb. 10:31.
B. Will Your Face Show the Peaceful Joy of Triumphant Victory? Rev. 7:9-17
1. A face that shows it is better to be with Christ, Phil. 1:21-24.
2. ďLord, receive my spirit,Ē Acts 7:56, 59-60.
C. How You Run Your Race Now Determines the Face You Will Wear When Your Race is Over.
1. Run with purpose, aim, goal, certainty, 1 Cor. 9:26.
2. Run by the rules (Godís word), 2 Tim. 2:5.
3. Run with endurance, keeping your eyes on Jesus, Heb. 12:2.
1. We have not yet attained our goal, Phil. 3:12-14.
2. We donít know when we will cross the finish line (life is brief and uncertain), therefore, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord..., 1 Cor. 15:58.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: August 24, 2016