Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 33:13-22
His Eye is on the Sparrow
1. Sparrow cartoon.
2. God sees every creature, including me and you, Psa. 33:13-15; Heb. 4:13.
a. Should generate godly fear and obedience, Heb. 4:11-12 (10:31); Psa. 33:18.
b. Should motivate holy living, Psa. 139:23-24.
3. Let us consider God's eye on us by studying His eye is on the sparrow.
I. GOD VALUES US MORE HIGHLY THAN BIRDS, Lk. 12:24.
A. Jesus Assured Us of God's Care in this Life, Matt. 6:25-26.
1. Jesus reasoned from the lesser to the greater to remove anxiety and focus our attention on serving God (6:24; Lk. 12:22-23).
2. God gave us dominion over the animals (not equality), Gen. 1:26.
-Subdue: To bring under control.
3. God, who controls all, gave us power to control His creatures, Psa. 8:6-8 (labor, pleasure and food, Gen. 9:2-3).
B. Receive His Care in Faith, Matt. 6:26.
1. Meet your responsibility, 1 Ths. 4:11-12; 2 Ths. 3:10; 1 Tim. 5:8.
2. Trust the Lord's care without distraction, Matt. 6:30-34.
II. GOD KNOWS OUR NEEDS AND SUPPLIES THEM BY HIS POWER, Psa. 40:4-5.
A. God Feeds the Ravens, Matt. 6:26; Lk. 12:24; Job 38:41.
B. God Used Ravens to Feed Elijah, 1 Kgs. 17:1-6.
C. God Feeds and Clothes Us, Matt. 6:25-26.
-Receive His provisions with thanksgiving, not worry, 1 Tim. 4:3-4.
D. God Feeds Us with the Bread of Life: Jesus, Jno. 6:33-35, 53-58, 63.
-Receive His provision for our soul in faith, Jno. 6:64-71.
III. GOD KNOWS WHAT THE SPARROW IS DOING, AND HE KNOWS WHAT YOU AND I ARE DOING.
A. God Knows our Circumstances, Trials, Temptations, Thoughts and Actions, Psa. 139:1-6.
1. He knows our heart: Our thought processes, what we are struggling with internally and what we are comfortable with in our heart, Psa. 139:2, 23. (Therefore, Col. 3:2 - Set your heart)
2. He knows what we choose to do from our thoughts, Psa. 139:3. (Therefore, Jas. 4:8 - Do not yield to temptation)
3. He knows what we choose to say from our thoughts, Psa. 139:4. (Therefore, Jas. 3:2, 10 - Control your tongue)
B. Like a Sparrow on the Housetop, Our Weaknesses Expose Us to Isolation and Danger, but God Redeems, Saves and Protects Us, Psa. 102:7 (1-2, 7).
1. In the Lord we find mercy, forgiveness and His acceptance, Psa. 84:3.
2. With God we are at home in the family of God, Gal. 3:26.
1. God knows every circumstance of your life and provides for them all, Phil. 4:10-13.
2. God stands by men and women of faith, delivering us from evil and preserving us (save, rescue, protect) for His heavenly kingdom - To Him be the glory! 2 Tim. 4:17-18
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: May 12, 2015