INTERNAL EVIDENCES OF THE BIBLE
Fulfilled Prophecies Concerning The Nations
1. Review the nature of prophecy.
2. Jer. 27:5 - God rules the nations & arranges them according to His will.
3. The fulfillment of the prophetic utterances of God's prophets against the nations gives us more evidence that the Bible is the word of God, not the word of men (2 Pet. 1:21).
I. NINEVEH IN PROPHECY: Isa. 10:12-14; Zeph. 2:13-15; Nahum
II. EGYPT IN PROPHECY: Ezek. 29:9-15; 30:12-13; Isa. 19:5-7
III. TYRE IN PROPHECY: Ezekiel 26
-See map of ancient Tyre.
IV. BABYLON IN PROPHECY: Isaiah 13:17-22; Jeremiah 50-51
1. Dan. 2:44 - The kingdom of God (church of Christ) is more powerful than any nation composed of men.
2. God has shown His power over the nations & His ability to communicate what would happen to them before it did.
3. Fulfilled prophecy convinces us that the Bible is from God, not man!
Jenkins, Ferrell: Introduction to Christian Evidences, pages 97-105
Josephus, Flavius: Against Apion, Book 1:21