Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Luke 15:3-7
Every Soul is Valuable
1. Each soul is more valuable than whole world (Matt. 16:26).
2. When we value our soul, we will take care of it.
a. Soul (psuche): General term for human life (Matt. 2:20).
b. Distinguishable from the spirit and body (1 Thess. 5:23).
c. Immaterial, invisible part of each person (Matt. 10:28).
3. The value of the soul gives value to every human being.
a. Jan. 22, 2021: National Sanctity of Human Life Day. “Every human life is a gift to the world. Whether born or unborn, young or old, healthy or sick, every person is made in the holy image of God,” Pres. Trump said in the proclamation.
b. There is life more precious than life on earth.
4. The gospel brings to light the eternal life (immortality) available to every soul, 2 Tim. 1:10. Love of God for every soul (Jno. 3:16).
5. Knowing the value of the soul affects how we care for our souls and for the souls of others, cf. 1 Cor. 8:11-12 (Rom. 14:15).
6. The gospel of Christ teaches us the value of every soul.
I. THE VALUE OF THE SOUL, Matt. 16:26; Lk. 15:8-9.
A. The Soul is Created in the Image of God, Gen. 1:26-27; 2:7.
1. Like God, each soul has intellect, emotion, freewill, and a conscience; Morally responsible being (Ezek. 18:20).
2. Jesus gives life to every soul who believes on Him, Jno. 5:21, 24, 29; 17:2-3. How? Jno. 6:35, 51, 54, 63, 68; 12:48-50
B. Christ Died for Every Soul, Heb. 2:9 (Jno. 3:16); 1 Jno. 3:16.
2. For sinful souls, Rom. 5:6-8.
3. Jesus died for the homeless, homosexual, adulterer, liar, thief; all of us sinners! Remove prejudice and partiality from our hearts and seek to save (all) the lost, Jas. 2:1-4.
C. The Soul is Immortal (“deathless;” beyond this physical life), 1 Cor. 15:53-54.
1. Resurrection assures us our souls will not be annihilated, 1 Cor. 15:20-22, 42-44.
2. Judgment awaits each soul, 2 Cor. 5:10; Rev. 20:11-15.
a. Rewarded or punished, Rev. 21:3-7, 8 (20:15).
b. Therefore, we are to fear God, Matt. 10:28.
D. Heaven is Ready to Rejoice over the Salvation of Every Sinner, Lk. 15:10.
1. The fallen prodigal, Lk. 15:17-19.
2. The moral person, Acts 10:1-2; 11:14.
3. The fallen Christian who repents, Jas. 5:16, 19-20.
1. Care for your soul as your most valuable possession (Matt. 16:26), Lk. 12:20-21.
2. Care for every other soul with a better understanding of each soul’s worth before God, Lk. 19:10.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted January 20, 2021