HOW DO YOU CHOOSE TO DEAL WITH SIN?
1. Sin is the universal choice & common problem of all men -- Sin is not a pretty sight! - Rom. 3:9-18, 23; 6:23.
2. Men have chosen to deal with their sin in a variety of ways, only one of which brings true relief, freedom and life eternal.
3. How will you choose to deal with sin?
I. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DENY YOUR SIN.
A. By Self-righteously Denying Sin - 1 Jno. 1:8-10.
-These Christians deceive themselves, live in error, have no cleansing from their sin & call God a liar.
B. By Changing The Definition Of Sin - Isa. 5:20.
II. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO INDULGE YOURSELF IN SIN - Rom. 1: 28-32;
A. These Folks Refuse To Honor God - Rom. 1:20-22.
B. These Folks Set Their Minds On The Flesh, Befriending The World - Rom. 8:5; Jas. 4:1-4.
III. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO EXCUSE YOUR SIN (in yourself & in
others) - Rom. 1:20 (sin is absolutely inexcusable!).
A. You Can Blame Others - Gen. 3:11-13 (Jas. 1:13). Won't work.
-(Always the other guy's fault & never your fault! Refuse to take personal responsibility for your sin.)
B. You Can Say, "I Can't Help Myself" - Exo. 32:21-24. (But you can.)
-(I was born that way my environment caused me to be the way I am )
C. You Can Claim Your Intentions Were Good - Matt. 7:21-23.
1. Shall we do evil that good may come?! - Rom. 3:8
2. 1 Sam. 13:11-12 - "I had to!"
3. 1 Sam. 15:3, 8-9, 11, 13-15, 22-23 - Still rebellion against God!
D. Because You Are Afraid - 1 Sam. 15:24 (cf. Matt. 10:28).
IV. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO HIDE YOUR SIN - Gen. 3:8 (Josh. 7:21).
A. Trying To Hide Sin From God Is Futile - Isa. 29:15; Ezek. 8:12 Ù Jer. 23:24.
1. Our sins are always before God - Psa. 90:8.
2. Trying to hide sin only hurts you! - Heb. 3:12-13
3. Far better to seek God's help with sin! - Psa. 19:12-13
V. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO CONFESS YOUR SIN - Prov. 28:13.
A. To God, Because Your Sin Is Against Him - Psa. 32:3-5 (51:3-4); 1 Jno. 1:9.
B. To The Person You Sin Against, Because You Wronged Him - Jas. 5:16.
VI. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REPENT OF YOUR SIN - Lk. 13:3, 5.
A. Have Godly Sorrow Over Your Sin - 2 Cor. 7:9-10.
B. Bear The Fruit Of Repentance In Your Life - 2 Cor. 7:11; Acts 26:20.
1. To repent necessarily implies one will stop his sin! - Rev. 9:20-21.
2. The repentant repudiate their sin - Acts 19:18.
3. The repentant put sin to death in their lives - Rom. 6:1-4, 6, 11-12, 14.
1. God forgives every repentant, obedient sinner - Acts 2:37-38 (Lk. 15:7).
2. Choose to deal correctly with your sin today! (Heb. 3:13)