Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: Psalm 25:1-12
Crossroads of Life
1. When you come to a fork in the road, take it. (Yogi Berra)
2. We all stand at crossroads during our lives: The paths we choose have life-changing effects (Road Less Traveled, Robert Frost). Psa. 25:4-5
3. Choices: Josh. 24:15; 1 Kgs. 18:21; Jer. 6:16; 7:23-24; Matt. 7:13-14.
a. We become a product of our decisions: Shape & mold us.
b. Choices of service; who / what we will follow; values; goals
c. Our choices have eternal consequences.
4. Prov. 4:26-27 Ponder the path of your feet; avoid evil; choose right.
I. THE PATHS BEFORE US Jer. 6:16 (42:3).
A. The Highway of Holiness Isa. 35:8 (difficult way, Matt. 7:14).
1. Path of life Psa. 16:11.
2. Paths of righteousness Psa. 23:3.
3. Paths of the Lord Psa. 25:10.
4. Path of Your commandments Psa. 119:35.
5. Every good path Prov. 2:9.
6. The way of goodness Prov. 2:20.
7. Right paths, Prov. 4:11.
8. He will teach us His ways walk in His paths Isa. 2:3.
9. The way of the just is uprightness Isa. 26:7.
10. The way of peace Isa. 59:8.
*11. Choice: Make straight paths for your feet Heb. 12:13.
B. The Way of Destruction Matt. 7:13 (broad way).
1. The path of sinners Psa. 1:1.
2. Devious paths Prov. 2:15.
3. The way of the fool Prov. 12:15.
4. The way of the unfaithful (transgressor) Prov. 13:15.
5. The way that seems right Prov. 14:12.
6. The way of the wicked Prov. 15:9.
* 7. Choice: You should no longer way this path, Eph. 4:17.
II. SOME CROSSROADS OF LIFE.
A. Will You Obey the Gospel & Become a Christian? (2 Cor. 6:2)
1. Do you know you are a sinner? Do you want to be saved? Do you know only Jesus can save you?
2. Which path will you take? Acts 2:36-38, 41; 4:4; 8:35-39; or Acts 13:45; 17:32
B. Will We Live in Sin or Above Sin? Eph. 2:1-2; Rom. 6:1-2, 4-6
1. Moral crossroads: 1 Pet. 4:1-4.
2. Will we befriend the world, or God? Jas. 4:4
3. Will we live under punishment or in eternal life? 2 Pet. 2:9-10; 1 Pet. 2:9-12
C. Will We Pay the Price it Costs to be a Disciple of Jesus? Lk. 14:25-33
1. Will we choose truth of the gospel before: Loved ones? Personal advantage? Promotion at work? Pleasure? Leisure? Favor of others?
2. Self-denial at great personal sacrifice? cf. Ezra 10:1-4
a. cf. MDR e-mail: Repenting of an unlawful remarriage.
b. Repent of every sin! (Cf. Corinthian church at crossroads: 2 Cor. 2:9; 7:9-11)
D. Will You Remember God when you are Young? Eccl. 11:9-12:1
1. Your clothing, entertainment, respect for parents & elders?
2. Choosing your career: Will you be a faithful Christian & promote righteousness?
3. In the person you will date & marry? 1 Cor. 15:33-34; Matt. 19:6
E. Will I Endure to the End? Matt. 10:22; Heb. 10:36 (12:1); 2 Tim. 4:7-8
1. Dont rest on past accomplishments to insure your present & future spiritual state.
2. When I get feeble in mind & body will I still do what I can? (2 Cor. 4:16-18; cf. Psa. 71:16) Tit. 2:2-3
1. Psa. 139:23-24: 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.
2. Jesus is the Way who guides our feet on the way of peace, light & salvation Jno. 14:6 (Lk. 1:79; Jno. 8:12).
3. Which road will you take?