Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
1. Without dispute, there is a sense in which we are all unworthy before God.
a. Sinners have no standing in His presence, Isa. 6:5 (Luke 5:8).
b. We have all sinned, Rom. 3:23.
c. Therefore, none are worthy before Him, Luke 15:21.
2. Worthy: Deserving, suitable (value). Unworthy: Undeserving, not suitable, Rom. 4:1-2.
3. But in Christ we are found worthy before God, reconciled to God by His blood, Eph. 2:12-13, 16.
4. Accepted as Godís children and heirs, Rom. 8:14-18.
I. SOME ARE NOT FIT FOR THE KINGDOM.
A. The Double-Minded, Half-Hearted Person, Luke 9:62 (James 4:8).
-Little zeal of faith, excuse-laden, not diligent, Heb. 3:14; 4:11.
B. The One Who Rejects God and Christ, Matt. 22:7-8.
1. Rejects the very existence of God.
2. Rejects Godís Christ and His gospel plan of salvation, John 12:48.
3. Rejects Godís rule in their life, Rom. 1:32.
C. The Willful Sinner, Heb. 10:26-31 (29).
II. WE ARE COUNTED WORTHY BY GOD:
A. If We Receive His Gospel Message, Matt. 10:11-14a.
B. If We Love Jesus Above All, Matt. 10:37-38.
C. If We are Contrite in Heart, Luke 15:19-21. (repentant)
D. If We are Watchful, Luke 21:36.
E. If We are Willing to Suffer Dishonor for Christ, Acts 5:41.
F. If We Walk Worthy of our Calling, Eph. 4:1 (2 Thess. 1:11).
1. Walk worthy of the gospel, Phil. 1:27.
2. Walk worthy of the Lord, Col. 1:10.
3. Walk worthy of God, 1 Thess. 2:12.
G. If We are Patient and Keep Our Faith (in persecutions and distresses), 2 Thess. 1:4-5.
H. If We are Pure in Heart and Life, Rev. 3:4 (Matt. 5:8; James 4:8).
III. THE LAMB OF GOD IS WORTHY.
A. To Fulfill Godís Plan of Redemption and Deliverance from Evil, Rev. 5:1-7, 8-10.
B. Jesus is Worthy of our Worship and Complete Allegiance, Rev. 5:11-14 (4:11).
1. Psalm 18:1-3: I will love (1)Ötrust (2)Öcall (3) on the Lord; I shall be saved from my enemies.
2. We are not saved because we are worthy, but God is worthy of praise because of His grace and power that saves us (3).
3. May God count us worthy of our calling, 2 Thess. 1:11-12 (5):
a. So our lives may powerfully fulfill all Godís good pleasure and work of faith (11).
b. So the name of Christ is glorified in us and we in Him according to Godís grace in Christ (12).
4. Do not be unworthy (unapproved, reprobate), 2 Cor. 13:5.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted December 7, 2021