Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 110:1-4
Christ in Heaven
Things Concerning Christ (#8)
1. Jesus promised to prepare a place for His disciples, Jno. 14:2-3.
2. What is Jesus now doing in heaven?
I. JESUS IS GOD'S PROPHET TODAY. Deut. 18:15, 18
A. Predicted and Fulfilled. Isa. 61:1-2; Lk. 4:18-21
B. Jesus Spoke God's Commands. Jno. 8:26-28, 38; 12:49
C. We Are to Hear and Obey Him Today. Acts 3:22-23 (Matt. 17:5)
1. How? (He is in heaven). Yet...Jno. 13:20.
2. Apostles are His ambassadors, 2 Cor. 5:20 (Eph. 6:20).
-He committed to them the "word of reconciliation", 5:19.
3. Once in heaven, Jesus sent them the Holy Spirit to equip them to speak the mind of God, Jno. 15:26-27; 16:12-13.
-Events on Pentecost testify that Jesus is in heaven doing this work, Acts 2:32-33.
4. We must receive apostles to receive Jesus, Jno. 13:20.
a. Their words/writings, 1 Cor. 14:37; 2 Pet. 3:1-2.
b. Inspired Scriptures, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
II. HIGH PRIEST OVER THE HOUSE OF GOD. Heb. 10:21 (Zech. 6:13)
A. Appointed by God. Heb. 5:1-6 (Promised, Psa. 110:4)
B. Priestly Service for Us. Heb. 8:1-2 (3:1)
C. High Priest Who Offered Himself to God as the Sacrifice for Sins. Heb. 7:27; 8:1-33; 9:11-14
1. Mediator of a new covenant for all, Heb. 9:15; 8:6 (1 Tim. 2:5).
a. "one who intervenes between two, either in order to make or restore peace and friendship, or form a compact, or for ratifying a covenant" (Thayer).
b. Appears before God for us, Heb. 9:24-28.
2. The blood of Christ (death):
a. Ratified (dedicated) new covenant, Heb. 9:15, 16-23.
b. His life was an offering for sin, Heb. 10:11-14.
3. He constantly makes intercession "for those who come to God through Him", Heb. 7:25-26; Rom. 8:34.
4. We have an Advocate with the Father so that we may come to God and obtain mercy, 1 Jno. 2:1-2; Heb. 4:15-16.
III. JESUS IS KING OVER HEAVEN AND EARTH. Matt. 28:18
A. His Coronation. Dan. 7:13-14; Eph. 1:20-23
B. He Reigns with Expectation: All His Enemies will be Made His Footstool. Heb. 2:5-9; 10:12-13; 1 Cor. 15:25 (God's promise kept, Psa. 110:1)
1. The King vanquishes every foe, Psa. 110:5-7; Rev. 6:1-2.
2. Christ subdues His enemies, Rev. 19:11-16.
3. This is why we put on the whole armor of God - to be victorious over evil in Christ! Eph. 6:10-17; Rev. 17:14
C. The Final Enemy to be Defeated will be Death. 1 Cor. 15:25-27
-Resurrection of all the dead, Jno. 5:28-29; 1 Cor. 15:50-58
1. Seeing we have a...
a. Prophet: Do not refuse Him who speaks from heaven, Heb. 12:25.
b. High Priest: Hold fast our confession, Heb. 4:14.
c. King: Stand with Christ and be victorious, Rev. 17:14 (Eph. 6:13).
2. If Jesus had not gone to heaven to "prepare a place for us", then we could not/would not be raised to eternal life when He comes again , Jno. 14:3.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: October 3, 2014