WHEN YOUR CHILDREN ASK YOU
1. Children naturally ask questions.
2. God wants us to use such occasions to teach our children of Him - cf. Exo. 12:26; 13:14; Deut. 6:20; Josh. 4:6.
3. What will you say
I. WHEN YOUR CHILDREN ASK YOU:
A. Why You Go To Worship Services? - Jno. 4:23-24; Psa. 122:1
1. To honor God.
2. To encourage others (1 Cor. 14:26).
3. To grow in our personal faith (Acts 2:42).
-Be careful to not show complaints, burdens, etc. (1 Jno. 5:3).
B. Why "Church of Christ" On The Building?
1. Jesus built His church - Matt. 16:18.
2. "c of C" is scriptural designation (name) - Rom. 16:16.
3. This is where the church meets.
a. Not a denominational name, affiliation, etc.
b. A place where spiritual work is done.
C. Why We Have Bible Classes & Worship Services? - 2 Tim. 2:2
1. We grow in faith by hearing (learning) God's word - Jno. 6:44-45; Rom. 10:17.
2. Bible classes are a teaching arrangement we use to help us grow (2 Pet. 3:18).
3. Assemblies - Provide opportunity to do some things the Lord wants us to do together - Heb. 10:25.
D. Why We Offer Prayers?
1. We are following the example of early Christians - Acts 2:42.
2. Because God hears & answers the prayers of His people - 1 Jno. 5:14-15; cf. Acts 12:5.
3. We need the peaceful assurance we obtain through prayer - Phil. 4:6-7.
E. The Point Of Singing Spiritual Songs.
1. Praise God - Heb. 13:15; Jas. 5:13.
2. Teach each other - Col. 3:16; Eph. 5:19.
F. The Value of The Lord's Supper (what it's all about)?
1. Sharing with Christ - 1 Cor. 10:16; 11:27-29.
2. Expression of our unity in Christ - 1 Cor. 10:17; 11:17-22.
G. Why We Give Money Every Week?
1. Because a need exists - 1 Cor. 16:2.
2. Because it is more blessed to give than to receive - Acts 20:35.
3. Because it is an expression of our heart - 2 Cor. 9:6-8.
H. Why We Have Gospel Preaching Every Worship Service?
1. Because of the gospel's source - 2 Tim. 3:16-17 (4:2).
2. Because of the gospel's power - Rom. 1:16.
3. Because of the gospel's relevance to our lives - Heb. 4:12.
I. What Is The "Gospel Invitation"?
1. It is your opportunity to be saved - Acts 2:37.
2. It is God's call to you to be saved - Acts 2:37-39 (Matt. 11:28).
3. It is your only way out of your sin - Jno. 14:6 (2 Cor. 6:2).
1. Let us renew our efforts to teach our children the ways of God.
2. Children: See the value & spiritual safety of accepting God's answers to every question of life. Jno. 14:6 (Matt. 6:33)