Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Romans 12:1-8
The Body of Christ
1. Does your body matter to you?
2. Does the body of Christ matter to you? (Often, not so much.)
3. It matters to Jesus, Acts 20:28; Eph. 1:22; 5:23.
4. “What church do I have to be member of to go to heaven?”
a. Can’t I be a member of any church and go to heaven?
b. Can’t I be right with God and not be a member of any church?
c. How do I know if the church I’m a
member of is the right one?
5. Does it make any difference? Yes, it does.
I. THE PHYSICAL BODY OF CHRIST: HIS DEATH IS HOW WE ARE REDEEMED, Eph. 1:7.
A. Forgiveness is by the Blood of Christ.
1. God’s grace, 1:7; Heb. 2:9 (Rom. 5:8).
2. Ransom (Matt. 20:28; 1 Tim. 2:6): “what is given in exchange for another as the price of his redemption, ransom” (Thayer, 50); “the means or instrument by which release or deliverance is made possible” (Louw-Nida, 487).
B. He Purchased His Church with His Blood, Acts 20:28; Eph. 5:25.
II. SPIRITUAL BODY OF CHRIST IS HIS CHURCH, Eph. 3:10-11.
A. The Church of Christ is the Body of Christ, Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18.
B. The Church Reveals the Wisdom of God, Eph. 3:10.
C. The Church is in God’s Eternal Purpose of Salvation in Christ, Eph. 3:11 (21).
D. Every Christian is a Member His Body,
Acts 2:47; 1 Cor.
1. How we live at members of Christ’s body matters to Christ, Rom. 12:3-8.
2. How we treat other body members (Christians) matters to Christ, 1 Cor. 12:18-27.
1. The church we are a member of matters to Jesus.
2. Therefore, it should matter to us. (Part 2: Blessings of the church)
3. Save yourself with the ransom Jesus paid, and be added to His church (body), Acts 2:37-41, 47.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted March 1, 2022