Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 42:1-5
Our Blessed Hope
1. Ups and downs of life make it easy and difficult to sustain hope.
2. Tempted to get discouraged without hope, 1 Thess. 4:13, 18.
3. Christ has given us great hope through his death, burial, and resurrection, cf. Col. 1:27; 1 Cor. 15:17-19.
4. Godís sure word is the foundation of hope, Psa. 119:49-50; Col. 1:5.
5. Be strengthened by the blessings of our hope in Christ.
I. HOPE ENCOURAGES US TO EVANGELIZE, 1 Pet. 3:15.
A. To Study and Learn, 1 Tim. 4:15-16.
B. To Give Bible Answers to Try to Save the Lost, 1 Pet. 3:15-16; 2 Tim. 2:24-26.
II. HOPE ENCOURAGES US TO BE BOLD, 2 Cor. 3:12.
A. Boldness to Rely on the New Covenant for Life and Glory, 2 Cor. 3:7-14.
B. Boldness to Stand on and Preach the Gospel of Christ, Eph. 6:19.
III. HOPE ENCOURAGES US TO LIVE GODLY LIVES, Heb. 6:10-12.
A. Live with Boldness to Magnify Christ in Our Body, Phil. 1:19-20.
B. To Faithfully Continue in the Faith, Col. 1:21-23.
IV. HOPE EQUIPS US TO FIGHT AGAINST THE DEVIL, 1 Thess. 5:8.
A. Hope Assures Us of the End Game (Victory), 1 Pet. 1:13 (6-9).
B. Hope Gives Purpose in Pursuing Righteousness and Fighting the Good Fight of Faith, 1 Tim. 6:11-14.
V. HOPE ENABLES US TO FACE SUFFERING AND EVEN DEATH WITH CONFIDENCE, Rom. 5:1-5.
A. Live with the Assurance of Blessed Hope because We have Peace with God, 5:1; Rom. 15:12-13.
B. We Do Not Lose Heart (Continue in Hope) because We Trust God, 2 Cor. 1:6-7, 8-11; 4:16-5:1; Jno. 14:1-2. (cf. Prayer, Lk. 18:1; Labor, 1 Tim. 4:10)
VI. HOPE ENCOURAGES US TO REJOICE IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE, Rom. 12:12.
A. Because we Stand in Grace, Rom. 5:1-2.
B. Our Name in Written in Heaven / We are the House of God, Lk. 10:20; Heb. 3:6.
VII. HOPE ASSURES US OF OUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE WITH GOD, 1 Pet. 1:3-5.
A. We have Living Hope because Christ Lives, 1 Cor. 15:19-20.
B. We have Living Hope because God Cannot Lie, Titus 1:2; Heb. 6:18-20.
1. Christians do not sorrow in life or in death, because Christ lives and our hope is secure in Him.
2. Come what may in life and in death, we will remain steadfast in the faith and refuse to move away from the hope of the gospel to the fantasies, fictions and fables of men, Col. 1:23; Tit. 1:13-14.
Adapted from material by John Gentry (4/15/2017)
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: July 9, 2018