Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 30:24-28
1. We can learn many things about life from observing the animal world. Jesus often used animals to teach spiritual lessons, Matt. 6:26; 10:16.
2. Prov. 30:24-28: Four small animals that teach us large lessons of wisdom.
I. ANTS: WORK FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING, 30:25.
A. Like the Ant, We Must Redeem Our Time, Prov. 6:6-11; Jno. 9:4; Eph. 5:15-16; Col. 4:5.
1. To achieve goals of godliness.
2. To live righteously, avoiding evil.
3. To influence those outside of Christ.
4. With our family, our neighbors, our brethren, the lost.
B. Like the Ant, Teamwork is Crucial.
-Working together combines our strength. cf. Rebuilding walls of Jerusalem (Neh. 4:7-23) - Working together…Completed.
C. Like the Ant, We must not Grow Weary, Gal. 6:9 (2 Ths. 3:13); Jno. 9:4. Complacency after success is a killer.
II. ROCK BADGERS: USE THE LORD'S PROTECTION, 30:26.
-“Conies” (kjv), rock rabbit, hedge hog, mouse-like, Psa. 104:18
A. We Live in Dangerous Terrain, but God is Our Rock of Protection, Psa. 18:1-6, 30-31 (31:1-3); 1 Cor. 10:12-13; Eph. 6:13-17.
1. We need the protection of truth, Jno. 6:68.
2. We need the protection of faith, 1 Jno. 5:4.
3. We need the protection of hope, 1 Ths. 5:8.
III. LOCUST: THE POWER OF UNITY, 30:27; Joel 2:3-9.
A. The Excellency and Achievements of Unity, 1 Cor. 1:10:
1. Teach and influence others, Jno. 17:20-21.
2. Accomplish God's work, Acts 4:32-33; 5:12-14.
3. We "pull together”, Rom. 12:9-16.
4. Edification, Rom. 14:19.
5. God is honored, Rom. 15:5-6.
6. Fullness of joy, Phil. 2:1-2.
7. No wonder we are to guard it! Eph. 4:3
IV. SPIDER: BOLDNESS TO FACE LIFE'S CHALLENGES, 30:28 (“lizard”, ASV), Prov. 14:26.
A. Challenges of Life Require Boldness:
1. Sin, Heb.10:19-22 (Christ).
2. Temptation, Heb. 4:16.
3. Pressures of men, Heb. 13:5-6.
4. Teaching the gospel, Acts 4:13, 31.
5. The judgment, 1 Jno. 4:17.
6. Like the spider, let us each go everywhere in the spirit of boldness God has given us! 2 Tim. 1:7
1. There is much wisdom to be found in God's creation.
2. These small animals show us the wise advantages of work, of divine protection, of unity and of boldness.
3. Now it is up to us to put these qualities into our lives and live wisely.