Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Titus 2:11-15
The Amazing Grace of God
1. God’s grace is great (Acts 4:33). Grace is God’s favor toward sinners, unmerited and undeserved, Eph. 2:4-7.
a. God’s grace expresses His love and mercy.
b. God’s grace fully revealed and offered to the world through Jesus, John 1:14, 16-17. (Christians receive fullness of His grace; fresh every day.)
2. Gratitude for our salvation causes greater appreciation for the grace that saves and sustains us, Rom. 3:23-24; Heb. 4:15-16.
3. The true grace of God secures our hope (1 Pet. 5:12), Rom. 5:2.
4. Titus 2:11-14 shows how to “grow in grace” (2 Pet. 3:18).
I. THE GRACE OF GOD HAS APPEARED, Titus 2:11.
A. Grace is Revealed in Jesus Christ, John 1:14, 16-17.
1. Prophesied, 1 Pet. 1:10-11.
2. Grace is visible and available in Christ.
B. Grace has Appeared to All, cf. 1 Tim. 2:4.
1. Grace is not universalism (all saved); But grace is available to all, Acts 10:34-35 (obtained “through faith,” Eph. 2:8).
2. Refutes Calvinism’s false doctrines of unconditional election and limited atonement.
II. THE GRACE OF GOD BRINGS SALVATION, Titus 2:11.
A. Grace is Given to Sinners by Christ Jesus, 1 Cor. 1:4.
1. His death was God’s grace at work, Heb. 2:9 (cf. Titus 2:14).
2. His gospel calls us into grace, Gal. 1:6; Col. 1:6 (Acts 20:24).
3. Gospel joins grace and truth, John 1:17 (Gal. 2:21).
B. Grace is Greater than Sin, Rom. 5:20-21.
1. Saved by grace, Eph. 1:5-7 (adoption, accepted, redeemed).
2. This is not once saved, always saved, Gal. 5:4 (Heb. 12:15).
3. It is the power of grace in Christ that defeats sin, Rom. 6:14.
III. THE GRACE OF GOD TEACHES US, Titus 2:12 (grace and truth, “the word of His grace,” Acts 20:32).
A. Grace Teaches Us to Deny Ungodliness and Worldly Lusts.
1. Grace teaches us to stop practicing sin, Rom. 6:1-2, 11-12.
a. Ungodliness: Irreverent, impious, wicked living, Titus 3:3.
b. Worldly lusts (cravings), 1 John 2:15-16.
2. Do not make a habit of sinning, 1 John 3:4-8 (1:7-10).
B. Grace Teaches Us to Live Soberly, Righteously, and Godly.
1. Once we put away sin we can then live right (be doers of the word), James 1:21-22.
a. Soberly: Sound mind of self-control.
b. Righteously: Holy and just, honorable living.
c. Godly: Pious, reverent living.
2. Grow in grace, 2 Pet. 3:18; Acts 11:23; 20:32; Eph. 2:10 (8-9).
-Redeemed from sin, purified as His special people, so now be zealous of good works, Titus 2:14.
IV. THE GRACE OF GOD ASSURES OUR HOPE, Titus 2:13.
A. We Rejoice in Hope When We Stand in Grace, Rom. 5:2.
1. Our assurance of eternal life is real, genuine, 1 John 5:13; 2:28-29; 3:3-7.
2. Boldly approach God and obtain mercy and grace in time of need, Heb. 4:16. (With faith, not fear)
1. God’s grace is amazing to save sinners like us.
2. When we understand the depth and nature of our sins we value and praise the grace of God that saves us.
3. The gospel is calling you to be saved by grace, through faith.
4. Do not fall from grace by turning back to sin and its dominion over you.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted April 12, 2022