Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:18-23
All Things Are Yours
(1 Corinthians 3:21-23)
1. Itís that time again, the time to make (and break) resolutions.
In hope, Christians wait for Jesus, Phil. 3:20-21;
3. All things are created and sustained for the benefit of Christians, 1 Cor. 1:18-23.
4. Christians are blessed with every spiritual blessing, Eph. 1:3.
I. THE WORD OF GOD IS YOURS, 1 Cor. 3:18-20.
A. Divine Revelation Belongs to the Humble (1:18-31), Matt. 11:25-30.
1. Human wisdom/philosophy (born of pride) is utterly incompatible with divine revelation (truth).
2. Deceived if we rely on human wisdom, 1:18-19.
3. Divine wisdom is ours in Christ, Col. 2:3.
B. We Judge All Things on the Basis of Godís Word, Not by Human Wisdom, 1 Cor. 2:13-16; Phil. 1:9-11.
1. Godís word is the standard we apply (world scoffs!), Jno. 17:17.
2. Remain committed to inspired scripture in 2019, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
II. ALL THINGS ARE YOURS, 1 Cor. 3:21-22; cf. Rom. 8:28.
-Not in the sense of ownership, but that all things exist and subsist for the usefulness of the saint). (All is appropriated to our needs/benefits.
-Christians can properly use the things of the world, but the lost is used by and possessed by the world, Matt. 16:26; Jno. 15:19; 17:14-16.
A. Apostles, Preachers and Teachers, 3:22. cf. 1 Tim. 4:6, 11, 16; 2 Cor. 12:14-16. What will you teach and expect to hear preached in 2019?
B. The World, Lk. 16:8-10 (Matt. 6:19-21). Where will your treasures be in 2019?
C. Life or Death, Phil. 1:19-21.
1. A life of faith that exalts God, Gal. 2:20. How will you live in 2019?
2. A death of hope into eternal joy, Phil. 1:21, 23. Are you ready to die in 2019?
D. The Present or the Future, cf. Phil. 1:22-26 (4:11-13).
1. Lifeís present challenges and future uncertainties are our opportunities to trust in God, Jas. 4:15.
2. See the benefits of both trials and joys, Phil. 1:12-18.
a. Present things: Fellowship w/ God; brotherhood; families; government; etc.
b. Future things: Glory; crown, rest, joy, heaven, Phil. 3:20-21.
3. How will you face the events of 2019?
III. EVERYTHING SERVES THE CHRISTIAN BECAUSE OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO CHRIST, 1 Cor. 3:23.
A. If You Belong to Christ (Gal. 3:26-29):
1. Son of God through faith, 3:26.
2. Put on Christ, 3:27.
3. One (united) in Christ, 3:28.
4. Abrahamís seed, 3:29.
5. Heir of Godís promise of blessings, 3:29.
B. It Is Precisely Because You Are Christís That All Things Are Yours, Eph. 1:3. Will you belong to Christ in 2019?
C. Christ is Godís, 1 Cor. 3:23.
1. Brings this train of thought to its ultimate conclusion.
2. Christ voluntarily subordinated Himself to God for our redemption, Phil. 2:5-8; Jno. 6:38.
3. You belong to God when you belong to Christ, Jno. 14:23.
4. Will you belong to God in 2019?
1. The world has been created for man, not man for the world.
2. Of all the people on the earth, it is Christians who have the potential of proper perspective of the world and of all things.
3. In 2019, trust in the word of God, live in gratitude of Godís blessings, and content yourself with the hope of eternity.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: December 22, 2018