Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:13-20
In Him All the Fullness Dwells
1. Pride prevents many souls from believing and following Jesus Christ.
a. No doubt that God has given human beings great position and power; ought to compel faith and humility, Gen. 1:26; Psa. 8:4-8.
b. Pride elevated Adam and Eve in the garden, and ever since it has been a deadly weapon in Satan’s arsenal against us to hinder and destroy faith and righteousness.
2. Col. 1:18-19: The preeminence of Christ is the theme of Colossians. He is complete (full) in every way.
3. Christ’s preeminence and fullness compel us to totally surrender to Him: “I surrender all” (Lk. 6:46; 18:28).
I. THE FULLNESS OF DEITY, Col. 1:15; 2:9; Heb. 1:3.
-I surrender all: John 20:28
A. By Faithfully Worshiping Him, Jno. 4:23-24.
1. Out of godly fear, Psa. 5:7. This must cause us to shed the notion of casualness when we worship; we are before the Great Almighty God!
2. Due to God’s attributes and actions, Psa. 138:1-3.
B. Worship must be a Priority to Us Wherever We Are. Psa. 122:1
1. At home…on vacation…business…, Acts 20:7.
2. With whom we worship also makes a difference. (Disciples)
a. Issue of primary fellowship, cf. 2 Jno. 9-11.
b. Issue of influence that can cause others to stumble, cf. Gal. 2:13.
II. THE FULLNESS OF POWER, Col. 1:15-18 (Matt. 28:18; 1 Cor. 15:27).
-I surrender all: Col. 3:17
A. Over all Creation, 1:15-16; Jno. 1:1-3.
-Demands our faith, Heb. 11:3, 6.
B. Over all the Forces of the Spirit and Material Worlds, 1:16-17; cf. Mk. 3:11-12; 4:35-41.
1. This demands our prayers trust His rule over all things, Acts 4:24.
2. The One who made and sustains everything will use them to our benefit and His glory, Col. 4:2.
C. Over Time, 1:17 (He is eternal), Jno. 8:58 (Micah 5:2).
1. Demands that we redeem the time we have, Eph. 5:16.
2. Choose to use your time to obey and honor Christ, not selfishly indulge the flesh (sin).
D. Over the Church, 1:18 (1:13); Eph. 1:22-23.
1. Demands that we are members of His church, or we are lost, Acts 2:38-41, 47; Eph. 5:23.
2. Demands that we are holy members of it, Eph. 5:25-27; 1 Pet. 2:5 (Col. 1:22).
E. Over Death, 1:18; Jno. 11:25-26.
1. “Do you believe this?” (11:26)
2. If so, then… 1 Cor. 15:29-34, 58.
a. Risk danger and death for this gospel truth, 15:29-31.
b. Fight the good fight of faith, 15:32.
c. Do not be deceived by the world, 15:33.
d. Awake to righteousness and do not sin, 15:34.
III. THE FULLNESS OF REDEMPTION, Col. 1:20-22; cf. Gal. 4:4.
A. By His Blood (Sacrificial Death), Col. 1:14.
B. Forgiveness of Sins: Release from Sin’s Bondage and Death, Rom. 6:17-18 (Eph. 1:7).
C. An Inheritance, Col. 1:22, 12; Eph. 1:11.
-I surrender all:
1. Be saved by obedient faith, Mk. 16:15-16; Acts 2:38.
2. Continue in the faith to be presented holy (obtain the hope of the gospel), Col. 1:22-23 (5); cf. 1 Pet. 1:4-5.
1. Col. 1:9-12: The fullness of Christ compels our full surrender to Christ...
a. In fullness of faith to live worthy of the Lord, 1:9-11.
b. Live in the strength of patience, longsuffering, joy and thanksgiving, 1:10-12.
c. Because of our inheritance, in which the Father has enabled us to participate, 1:12.
2. You are complete in Him, Col. 2:10.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: September 5, 2013