FIVE WONDERFUL THINGS
1. The wonders of Gods wisdom, knowledge & grace are boundless - Rom. 11:33-36.
2. They are embodied & revealed in Jesus - Jno. 14:9-10.
3. Jno. 5:24 - Jesus speaks of the wonders of Gods salvation. We marvel at what God has done & will do for all who believe & obey Jesus!
I. WONDERFUL PRIVILEGE: HEARING THE WORD OF GOD.
A. Our Access To Gods Word Should Cause Faith & Gratitude - 5:24; Rom. 10:17.
1. Think of those who have never heard one gospel sermon - seen Bible.
2. Our gratitude to God is expressed by believes & obeying it -- taking advantage of our opportunities to hear it! (Acts 2:42; 10:33)
B. Contemplate What We Have In The Word Of God:
1. Effective word - Heb. 4:12.
2. Incorruptible - 1 Pet. 1:23 (unlike the words of men).
3. Gives understanding - Psa. 119:104-105.
4. Draws us to Christ - Jno. 6:44-45.
-Our responsibility: Acts 3:22-23!
II. WONDERFUL PROVIDER: GOD THE FATHER - Eph. 2:4-5.
A. Gods Love Is Wonderful -- Sent His Son (Jno. 3:16).....
1. As source of life to sinners - Jno. 5:26 (1:4-5; 14:6).
2. As supreme authority over us - Jno. 5:27 (Matt. 28:18; Col. 3:17).
3. As sacrifice for our sins - Rom. 5:8.
-2 Cor. 9:15 - Thanks be to God! Acknowledge His provisions by our faith!
III. WONDERFUL POSSESSION: ETERNAL LIFE.
A. Spiritual Life Is A Present Reality For The Christian - Jno. 5:24.
1. "Has" - present tense ("The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time.") "Passed out of death...."
2. 1 Jno. 5:11-12 - Conditional: Must "have the Son" (Gal. 3:26-27; Jno. 15:4; 6:35). We can know we are saved!
3. Christ immediately gives us spiritual life out of spiritual death.
B. Eternal Life Is Also Our Hope For The Future - Mk. 10:28-30.
1. Rom. 2:6-7 - We do not yet experience the glory, honor & immortality of eternal life.
2. 1 Pet. 1:3-5, 9 - There is yet a salvation to be revealed to us!
-Rom. 6:22 - Both distinctions given: This life & the "end."
IV. WONDERFUL PROMISE: NO CONDEMNATION.
A. The Believers Security Is Guaranteed - Rom. 8:1.
-Which believer? - (Jno. 12:42-43) Jno. 10:27-28. The one who hears & follows Jesus!
B. The Believers Security Is Conditional.
1. Jno. 10:27-28 - Stops hearing & following - falls away! (Heb. 3:12-13)
2. Jno. 5:24 - Stops hearing & believing - Places oneself under condemnation!
3. Faith can be wrecked & overthrown - 1 Tim. 1:19-20; 2 Tim. 2:17-18.
-Keep the faith & have this wonderful promise! 2 Tim. 4:7-8
V. WONDERFUL PASSAGE: FROM DEATH INTO LIFE.
A. He Who Hears & Believes Receives Spiritual Life - Jno. 5:24, 25.
1. Man is dead in sin until regenerated by God - Eph. 2:1, 5.
2. Regeneration occurs in water baptism - Rom. 6:4.
a. Bury dead people - Those dead IN sin are baptized.
b. Raised alive in Christ -- dead TO sin!
c. "Washing of regeneration" - Titus 3:5
B. If We Reject Gods Word & Faith In God We Remain Dead In Sin -- Lost!
1. Verily, verily (most assuredly) - These truths are firm & secure!
2. We can confidently live in Gods love when we do what Jesus says!
Privilege: Hearing the word of God
Provider: God the Father
Possession: Eternal life
Promise: No condemnation
Passage: Death into life